Re: hosts-entry... wtf?!

Sven Burgener wrote:

> Hi all
>
> For some weird reason, I have the following entry in my /etc/hosts file.
> What is the meaning of that? I dont think I added it myself... ! (I
> changed the real FQDN)
>
> 0.0.0.0                host.domain.com

My guess is that it's a dummy, "for example" kind of thing.  Oh!  Now
I see that you changed the previous FQDN.  Besides, it should have been
commented out if it were.

Hmmm.  Are you on a LAN?  Or just using ppp?  Or neither?  What do
/etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/resolv.conf say?  How did you answer
base-config when it asked you the networking questions?  And just
what _was_ that FQDN? (enquiring minds want to know...)

> This doesn't feel good...

I wonder why it doesn't have

127.0.0.1	localhost	loghost	loopback	lo	lo0

or something like that.