rsync & apt-get

I don't know much about rsync, so I though I'd ask here.  What are
the chances of getting debian to have its pakages on rsync and make
apt-get use that instead of ftp.

Wouldn't this greatly speed up upgrades (especially to us poor souls
with only dialup), or is my conception of rsync totally wrong?  Would
you have to have the old deb's laying around to upgrade to new ones
through rsync?  I mean, rsync's not psychic so of course you'd have to
have the old files...

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

--
Pat Mahoney  <pat7@gmx.net>

I had no shoes and I pitied myself.  Then I met a man who had no feet,
so I took his shoes.
                -- Dave Barry