Re: pgaccess & Postgresql

Sebastian Canagaratna wrote:
  >Hi:
  >   I am having problems with pgaccess and Postgresql. I am
  >   using potato. I can run with psql but when I type pgaccess
  >   the window appears I fill in my name, database, password
  >   etc I get the message connectDB() - connect failed. connection
  >   refused. Is the postmaster running ( with -i ) at localhost and
  >   accepting connection on TCPIP port 5432. I am running this locally
  >   and according to the init files all users on local host should
  >   be accepted. In fact the postmaster is not supposed to accept
  >   any conections over the TCPIP. WHat is the problem?

If you fill in the host box (even with `localhost') pgaccess tries to
make a TCP/IP connection, which requires `postmaster -i'.  Clear the
host field; this will make pgaccess use a UNIX socket connection.

     "And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou
      comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him,
      Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me
      in paradise."       Luke 23:42,43