Re: Signals SIGSTOP

Please break your lines at <76 characters.

On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 02:40:16AM +0100, Nuno Almeida wrote:
> I would like to know if this is simply a singularity of Debian, or if
> it's a bug of mine.
>
> When I'm programming in C/C++ to other linux distr. and I make a
> signal trap I can't, and that's absolutly normal, trap the signals 9
> and 17, for SIGKILL and SIGSTOP. On Debian I can catch the SIGSTOP
> signal is this normal? Why the diference?

Well, on my i386 system SIGSTOP is 19, not 17. 17 is SIGCHLD. The
signal(7) manpage indicates that this may be different on different
archetrctures. You may want to check this.

You should really use the #define'd names as pulled in from a #include
<signal.h> instead of the numbers. This way, if something is different
between archetectures the source will still be portable.

--
  finger for GPG public key.