Re: Latex and Foiltex

Mithrandir <mithrandir007@gmx.de> writes:
>I got a simlpe question, does anybody known wheter there is a
>Foiltex-Package for Latex as debian package?? I don't find it, and
>it would be very important for me. The standard Latex don't seems to
>include this package but it exists.

The foiltex package has been removed from Debian quite a while ago.
Quoting from /usr/share/doc/tetex-nonfree/changelog.Debian.gz:

#tetex-base (0.9.990601-1) unstable; urgency=low
#
#  * New upstream version, almost 1.0.
#  * Upstream removes some nonfree packages, so they are no longer in
#    tetex-base, -extra or nonfree. (foiltex, french)
#  * move natbib, ntgclass, multicol, makebst back to base, as they are
#    free now (LaTeX Project Public License)
#  * License for a lot of files is in lppl.txt
#  * context moved to main, as it is GPLed now
#
# -- Christoph Martin <christoph.martin@uni-mainz.de>  Thu,  3 Jun 1999 13:39:45 +0200

I seem to remember that there were licensing problems with foiltex,
but I'm not sure about that.

Anyway, the seminar package works quite well for creating slides with
LaTeX. Seminar is in tetex-nonfree, but it appears to be actually free
nowadays, so it seems to be misplaced (see bug report #63912).

--
-=- Rjs -=- rjs@lloke.dna.fi