Re: Latex and Foiltex

Mithrandir <mithrandir007@gmx.de> writes:
> I got a simlpe question, does anybody known wheter there is a
> Foiltex-Package for Latex as debian package??  I don't find it, and
> it would be very important for me. The standard Latex don't seems to
> include this package but it exists.

FoilTeX is not DFSG compliant, AFAI can make out.  It has the
following clause

%%%  e. The user understands and agrees that this program, and any
%%%  derivative works made from this program, are not to be sold for profit
%%%  or commercially exploited in any manner.  However, this use
%%%  restriction shall not operate to deny the right to redistribute the
%%%  program on a not-for-profit basis, as provided in paragraph a., above.

This looks like it would prevent inclusion on CDROMs and such.  That's
probably why it wasn't included in teTeX.  As for why it is not
available as a separate package in Debian -- maybe there's no one
interested enough.

- Hari