Wheel mouse not working...oy.

Yep, another cheesebag who can't get his stupid M$ Wheel Mouse to work
with Debian.  I'm stumped...after consulting all the messages and info
about getting it to work, it just refuses to.  Maybe after the breakup
it will?  Sarcasm...

Anyway, I've got a basic M$ Wheel Mouse(tm) connected to my PS/2 port.
I'm running slink (with some random bits from unstable when I needed
them), 2.0.36 and XFree86 3.3.5-1 using the SVGA server.  Here's the
relevant bit from my XF86Config just to make sure I didn't miss
anything:

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "IMPS/2"
   Device          "/dev/psaux"
   Resolution      200
   Buttons         3
   ZAxisMapping    4 5
EndSection

My .Xresources is exactly what's listed on Colas Nahaboo's mouse wheel
scroll page (http://www-sop.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/)
for Netscape (that's the only thing I'm worrying about right now), so I
won't spam it here - trust me, I copied & pasted it to make sure.

>From everything I've seen, it SHOULD work.  I know the wheel works, as
it performs just fine in that OTHER OS that I don't wanna mention.  It
works great in X as a middle mouse button...but that damned wheel won't
do a thing for me.  And I HAVE tried messing around with imwheel to a
small degree but couldn't get it to do anything for me either.

If anyone can at least point me in the right direction, please let me
know.  All things considered, it's a minor problem...but once you get
used to using the stupid wheel, you go nuts without it.  It's the crack
of pointing devices, methinks.  At any rate, thanks in advance...
--
tjump@bigfoot.com   []   Bababooey Dragon   []  <-==UDIC==->
"The stupider it looks, the more important it probably is."