Re: Mail Error Warning; DebianDomain Name Explanation

On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 09:31:15AM -0700, Debiandomain wrote:

> Apparently my new domain name stirred up a few question, so let me explain
> what DebianDomain.com is.

And, since I was the first to call attention to it, let me explain. On the
one hand, Jay, you could be a very nice person with the best of intentions.
Etc, etc...

On the other hand, you could be someone setting up a site designed to sell
services or products of some sort and you are seeking to gain credibility
and currency by associating yourself with the Debian project. You have gone
to some trouble and expense already to obtain a block of four IP addresses
from pacbell, and set up a gateway box with three nics on it. I don't know
what your plans are, but it would not be the first time someone has sought
to gain a commercial advantage through some sort of vague implied alliance
with a Free Software project. Surely your signature suggests that you are
somehow attached to or associated with Debian: