Re: The Thrill of Debian Gnu/Linux

Hans writes:
> Same here: I just had my potato system working, wanted to install latex,
> apt-get decides to update 63 packages and now pon/poff doesn't work
> anymore. It just gives me 'pppd not started. None stopped'.

Please post copies of /etc/ppp/peers/provider, /etc/chatscripts/provider,
and the output of the plog command.  I assume that you used pppconfig to
configure ppp.

Also post the output of 'dpkg -s ppp', 'dpkg -s setserial', and 'uname -a'.

> The card is recognized, the port is recognized,...

Exactly what do you mean by that?
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org