Re: Road Runner && DNS Problems

On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 02:56:07PM -0500, Chris Hoover wrote:

> internet
> debian-wall (Firewall box)
>   Hub---(debian-server - DNS server for the network)
>   (Multiple PC's)

You have 'debian-wall' set as the default gw route for every machine, and
you have 'debian-server' listed as the first nameserver in every
/etc/resolv.conf? Yes?

Then does 'nslookup' appear to working correctly on 'debian-server'?

> I did directly connect my windows box to the cable modem and looked at the
> dhcp address.  I then added what it said where the dns servers to the
> named.conf file on debian-server, but still no help.

What do you mean? You added forwarders to named.conf?

Be aware that for such as pop and smtp hosts you should use FQDN's; stuff
like "mail" and "news" might not work.

--
Bob Bernstein
at                          http://www.ruptured-duck.com