Re: My quite ordinary comment about Re: GR to remove non-free...

Eric Hagglund <eahagglun@yahoo.com> wrote:
>But it does cost money to put the non-free stuff on servers

Really, I don't think that's the issue. "Resources" have been mentioned,
but I think the idea is more of developers' time [1]; non-free is about
one-tenth the size of main, and changes relatively rarely, so economies
of scale make it not really worth worrying about in that regard. The
supporters of the resolution see it as a matter of principle instead.

[1] I disagree, but that's a side issue ;)