Re: Kernel Compile on Potato

From: "deja luser" <dejaluser@hotmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Kernel Compile on Potato
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 02:54:56 EDT

Tonight I installed frozen on a k6-2 system, and am trying to compile a new
kernel for it, but make menuconfig fails. I have ncurses installed, and so I
should be able to run it, but as it says below it dies in
/usr/src/linux/scripts/lxdialog on the line with:
#include CURSES_LOC

Below is the actual output, I went through the files mentioned, but nothing
looks obviously wrong (at least to me). I can make config, but 3 times so
far I've tried it and have fat-fingered it at some point, usually near the
end. Now, in the dialog, directory it mentions that that is a non-standard
version could this be a problem?

Gregg

Nope. Your problem is de header file which is missing. You must install 'libncurses5-dev'. That will fix the problem.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Harry ten Berge
- computer engineering -