Re: Demand Dialing with pppd and ipmasq

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 09:05:45PM +0200, Vitux wrote:

> Did you add the user that's trying to run "pon" to the
> dip-group?
> Strong indications of a permissions error ;-P
Actually, I think it is something to do with the way ipmasq works. If
you don't have the ppp interface available on boot then ipmasq doesn't
set any rules to allow traffic over it.

I think it works fine if pon dials immediately, but for some reason not
with dial-on-demand.

Cheers,
Tom

--
There are two kinds of pedestrians... the quick and the dead.
		-- Lord Thomas Rober Dewar