Re: help with web security

hi shao

from the autoated cgi scripts...
you can easily add new users to .htpasswd files to
allow them to access web stuff...

allowing users to add themself to your "main system"
and update dns, qmail and other stuff is giving the
hacker (indirectly) complete control of your machine...

- dont do it.....spend the time to find another way
  to admin your box....should be no more than 1-2hr per week
  for a typical server ... after it is built properly...

c ya
alvin