Re: SSL certs

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 10:38:43AM -0500, Marcin Kurc wrote:
> We'd like to buy SSL cert from thawte. The test cert that comes with debian
> apache-ssl is in pem format. However, thawte says it's not what we want,
> they offer crt formats.
>
> What is the best solution?

AFAIK (though I've been known to be wrong before, so double-check) PEM is an
encoding that is used in .crt files.  I know nothing about the apache-ssl
package, but I would assume it behaves similar to a custom-compiled apache.
That, I know works with the crt file that I purchased from Verisign.

HTH

-Dan

--
"... the most serious problems in the Internet have been caused by
unenvisaged mechanisms triggered by low-probability events; mere human