Re: make problems

hi,
 In answer to your questions no, I did not run ./configure in my own directory
I just downloaded a tar.gz file into the new a directory in the new partition
(since I no longer have any diskspace in my root partion containing my home
directories) symlinked to my home directory. e.g. ln -s /mnt/ext/hda7/foo
/home/user/foo. that didd;nt work so I also created another symlink ln -s
/home/user/foo /mnt/ext/hda7/foo to maybe try to make it work but still to no
avail. if I executed make from the root partition all goes well so I think
maybe I am symlinking the wrong directories? that is why make does'nt execute
from the new partition? if so, what can I do abt this?