Re: make problems

Joseph de los Santos wrote:

> however, when I try to run make from that new partition I get this error:

Let me guess:  did you run ./configure in your home directory, then
mv the files to your working space on your new partition?

> make -C src/ptlib/unix both ; make -C tools/asnparser both ;
> make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/ext/pwlib/src/ptlib/unix'

OK... make will look in src/ptlib/unix for the Makefile,

> Makefile:209: /home/jhou/pwlib/make/unix.mak: No such file or directory

What does line 209 of src/ptlib/unix/Makefile have in it?
I'm wondering if there's some $HOME/src/pwlib/make/unix.mak, or some
variant.

> grep: /home/jhou/pwlib/version.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [both] Error 2
>
> this may have to do with symlinks but I am really not sure.

What symlinks do you have set up?

> also Tried to make
> as root but still get the same error (except for the directory /home/* it's
> changed to /root/pwlib/blah...

This strengthens my suspicion of some derivation of $HOME to get
your working directory.  Maybe you should (from $HOME)
ln -s /mnt/export/pwlib pwlib, then cd pwlib, and try your make -C ...