Re: switching from/to X -query display

Gerhard Kroder wrote:

> i have an sun-server accessable to run remote  X sessions (dtlogin
> fetched with X -query ...). logging onto the sun works fine, switching
> back to local (linux) X with ctrl-alt-f7 is fine, too. but switching to
> sun's display back again i run in trouble. all i can see is a black
> screen with a tty-style output  like "Erase is  delte \n Kill is
> control-U" and such.  i see no way to recover to real display.  i had
> this remote display running some weeks ago without this problem.
> meantime i updatet my woody sytem.
>
> any hints?
>   gerhard

looked around more and found a  /usr/lib/console-log/maillogpager running
with permanently changing pid's.  after i killed it's parent my remote sun
session works fine again.

can anyone tell me what this pager is for? i looked at it, it's easy to
read, as it's just a bourne script. but i don't know what's the sense of
it and who starts it when or what for.

gerhard