Re: MTA and popper question

On Mon, 05 Jun 2000, Sven Burgener wrote:
> >Which MTA is easiest to install? I need to setup a machine as a

IMHO both Postfix and Exim are very easy to install. Exim is more powerful,
while Postfix is (probably) more secure, and faster. Don't worry about
Postfix being beta, it's production-quality software all right... and the
Debian package is quite well maintained.

> >Also, if I wanted to allow for clients to fetch their mail from this
> >relay server, what do I need to install and setup? (Is it popper or
> so?)

As long as you're delivering locally (in some sort of local spool) the email
destined to these 'clients', qpopper or any other pop3 daemon should do.

  Henrique Holschuh