Re: Promise Ultra66 Controller...

Basically, you do the following:

tar xfz linux-2.2.15.tar.gz  (This you have probably done already, but make
                              sure you start with a clean source tree)

cd linux

gunzip -dc /wherever/ide.2.2.15.20000509.patch.gz | patch -p1

make menuconfig  (make sure to enable Promise support.  If you are booting
                  the Promise controller and not your onboard chipset, there
                  is also an option for that...  Read the help.)

make-kpkg kernel_image (or whatever you normally do to make kernels)

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jeff