apt-get

Hi,

My /etc/apt/source.list looks like that:

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/ potato main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US/dists/ potato/non-US main
contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/ potato main contrib
non-free
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US/dists/ potato/non-US main
contrib non-free

When I try to do an apt-get update, it spits out a heap of complaints.

When piping it to less (I couldn't read the beginning of it) this comes
out:

Err http://ftp.de.debian.org potato/main Packages
  404 Not Found
Ign http://ftp.de.debian.org potato/main Release
Err http://ftp.de.debian.org potato/contrib Packages
  404 Not Found
Ign http://ftp.de.debian.org potato/contrib Release

The last complaints are like this:

W: Couldn't stat source package list 'http://ftp.de.debian.org
potato/non-US/non-free Packages'
(/var/state/apt/lists/ftp.de.debian.org_debian-non-US_dists_dists_potato_non-US_non-free_binary-alpha_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these missing files
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

Actually, because of the last item, I have been trying this again. But
it doesn't help. What is wrong with my setup? Since it searches for the
Packages file, do I have to tell it to go into the specific arch
directory?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Kerstin