Re: window-managers

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 07:09:28PM +0100, Daniel Burrows wrote:

> I am trying to register KDE as a window-manager in /etc/alternatives
> using update-alternatives. I can't seem to get it to register - kde is
> in /usr/bin so I tryed adding it like this:
>
> update-alternatives --install kde kde /usr/bin 9
>
> but I can't see it when I run:
>
> update-alternatives --config x-window-manager
>
> I probably just got the parameters wrong for the first one - Can someone
> please correct it for me? Please 'CC' me a reply.

update-alternatives is kind of confusing at first ;)

update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/x-window-manager x-window-manager
/usr/bin/kde 9

update-alternatives --remove x-window-manager /usr/bin/kde

You can also specify the location of documentation with the "slave"
link.  But didn't the KDE .debs take care of this?  If your not using
the debs, you really shouldn't put the executables in /usr.  Should use
/usr/local/kde or /opt/kde.

--
¶ One·should·only·use·the·ASCII·character­set·when·compos­

» ing·email·messages.