Re: NFS submounts

> Stupid question: have you mounted the subdirectory locally?  I.e., try
> # mount server:/home/ftp/pub /mnt
> # mount server:/home/ftp/pub/linux/debian /mnt/linux/debian

   With the help of some of our local LUG people, I discovered the problem.
The problem was that I was using the kernel NFS server.  As I understand it,
the kernel NFS server won't allow what I was trying to do -- period (and
believe me, I tried every way I could think of, e.g. hide/nohide, various
mounting combations, etc.:-).

   Switching to the user-space NFS server cured the problem immediately.

--
 Regards,  | Tired of forced, expen$ive upgrades and blue screens of
 .         | death?  Long for stability, robustness and efficiency?