Re: Sendmail Config

On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 10:04:18PM -0700, Jay Kelly wrote:

> I need some help with sendmail. I use sendmailconfig and for the first
> question "mail Name" I choose Pacbell.net. That's what I think I need to
> use? my email is neutec@pacbell.net. Then I come to start host.

"Smart host"? For most dialups it's handy to set this; in your case, make it
'postoffice.pacbell.net' and also use 'masquerade_envelope', which iirc is
an option in sendmailconfig.

Use fetchmail to get your mail from your isp. Set it to poll
'mail.pacbell.net'. It's clear in the fetchmail config file where your login
and password should be placed. (Try perhaps fetchmailconfig, if that's what
it's called...I forget.)

Sendmail is fine for you. Ignore the religious war some would start rather
than answering your questions.

--
Bob Bernstein
at                          http://www.ruptured-duck.com