Re: How to see hidden files/dirs

On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 03:49:58PM -0500, nitebirdz@coimbra.oss.uswest.net wrote:
> On Wed, 31 May 2000, Eric G . Miller wrote:
>
> > On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 07:46:54PM +1200, John Leget wrote:
> > > Yes im aware of ls options but let me repeat for clarity.
> > >
> > > How do i get GTK/GNOME applications to show me hidden files in their
> > > open file dialogue windows. They dont show them whereas ie nedit will
> > > list them fine.
> > >
> > > Is there a system setting to affect this behaviour ??
> >
> > It's a missing feature, AFAICT. Sucks doesn't it.
> >

> I just checked the Gnome utility that looks like Windows Explorer, and you
> can configure it to show those hidden files from the settings menu:
>
> Settings-->Preferences-->File_Display-->Show_Hidden_Files
>

> I assume any other Gnome application may have similar preferences.

Actually, the poster was asking about the gtk file open dialog box,
which does not give you any options for showing/hiding dot files/dirs.
It's a stupid oversight, IMHO.  Ever tried to save a palette or texture
in GIMP to the .gimp dir?

--
¶ One·should·only·use·the·ASCII·character­set·when·compos­

» ing·email·messages.