Getting debian installed on an off-line machine

I'm planning to install debian on my machine at home. Since potato is
not finished yet I thought that I'd install slink (2.1-r4 there are two
iso-images from December 1999 available).

But I need to have an up to date version of at least Ada (gnat),
Gtk+, GtkAda and vim packages and preferably more. So I thought, can I
install slink and then download say the frozen potato distribution and
put it on a couple of CDs and then somehow update all the packages
needed? (Is it also possible to use the joliet file-format extension as
the machine I will have to download the files to is an Windows NT)

I saw something in a debian book I have (the title has slipped my mind,
but it is the New Rider book), that one should put a Packages.cd file on
the cds, but what should that look like?

I have looked on the debian pages, but I haven't found any info on this.
It looks like it is easy to update when using apt-get over the
Internet, but my machine does not have any net connected so I need to
transport all the files on CDs. So any links to relevant info is much
appreciated.

--
Preben Randhol -- [randhol@pvv.org] -- <http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/>
         "Det eneste trygge stedet i verden er inne i en fortelling."