Re: Registering a window manager in potato

> How do I register KDE as a window manager in potato? Also, how do I get
> rid of the annoying icons left by a previous scheme in KDE? Thanks.
> Please 'CC' me in a reply.

Supposing that you have it installed already and that it is in /usr/bin
you could do the following:
a) update /etc/alternatives/x-window-manager (or something similar) to point
to /usr/bin/kde. There is a program that can do this for you I think it's
called update-alternatives (but I never used it up to now)
b) in your .xinitrc file in your home directory put as last line
/usr/bin/kde (and remove of course any other window manager that might be
started in there).

Jo