Hello,

I am trying to get the sound modules to load during the login, but I am
having problems.  I added a sound file to my /etc/init.d directory and
updated  the modules using the command update-rc.d sound defaults.
However, during login I get the following command:

/etc/init.d/rc: /etc/rc2.d/s20sound: no such file or directory

Below is a copy of the sound file.  I was wondering if anyone might have
any ideas as to how I might be able to get the sound modules to load
during login.
Thank you,
-jake

#! /bin/sh
#
# This file will load sound modules for a CS423X sound card.
# Place it in /etc/init.d (as root) and from that directory,
# execute the following command:
#    update-rc.d sound defaults
# This will cause the modules to be automatically loaded and
# unloaded when you login and logout.
#
# You can also manually load, unload, and reload the modules using
# the following commands:
#    /etc/init.d/sound start
#    /etc/init.d/sound stop
#    /etc/init.d/sound reload

case "$1" in
  start)
    echo -n "Loading sound modules: CS4232"
    modprobe sound
    insmod /lib/modules/2.2.15/misc/ad1848
    insmod /lib/modules/2.2.15/misc/uart401
    insmod /lib/modules/2.2.15/misc/cs4232 io=536 irq=5 dma=01 dma2=00
    echo "."
    ;;
  stop)
    echo -n "Stopping sound modules: CS4232"
    rmmod cs4232
    rmmod uart401
    rmmod ad1848
    rmmod sound
    rmmod soundcore
    echo "."
    ;;
  force-reload|reload|restart)
    sh $0 stop
    sh $0 start
    ;;
  *)
    echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/sound
{start|stop|restart|reload|force-reload}"
    exit 1
    ;;
esac

exit 0