Re: Problems downloading files from debian.org

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 12:00:15PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> The modem and the connection seem to be working otherwise.  For
> example, I sent the e-mail after the attempt, but in the same dial up
> session. I can ping http.us.debian.org OK.

http.us.debian.org isn't one mirror, it's several mirrors available
via round-robin DNS.  You seem to have hit one of the mirrors that's
not quite up-to-date for some reason.

There's a package (netselect IIRC?) in debian that will help you find
the fastest mirror from your location.  Type "host http.us.debian.org"
for a list of the server IPs.

HTH,

--
Nathan Norman         "Eschew Obfuscation"          Network Engineer
GPG Key ID 1024D/51F98BB7            http://home.midco.net/~nnorman/