3dfx, quake2+gforce256

WOW,
  ok, MANY THANKS, to the guys who had the patience to just keep
telling me to try and install the binary dist of 4.0...  Sweet, and
the gforce came up clean.  Now I'm trying to find all the things that
broke when I moved the 3.3.6 distro out of the way, such netscape.
Now to find it all...

At any rate, I just tried to run Q2 with 3dfx support.  It says it can't
find /dev/3dfx.   If this isn't a 3dfx card, it's opengl?  It won't start
in opengl mode either.  Am I missing anything blatantly obvious?

Robert

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: