Re: exim - listar problem

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 02:28:33PM -0500, Brad wrote:
> On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 02:41:09PM +0200, Bruno Van de Casteele wrote:
> >
> > 2000-05-29 14:08:02 12vj9N-0001GS-00 Neither the system_aliases director nor the address_pipe transport set
> > a uid for local delivery of |/usr/lib/listar/listar
>
> Look in your /etc/exim.conf. One of the named things has to specify a
> uid for exim to run the command under. See
> http://www.exim.org/FAQ.html#SEC116 in the exim FAQ for more info.

More info. I decided to fix my exim configuration to use a special
director just for sympa (the same process should work for listar), so
only sympa's pipes would be run as user sympa.

First, in my exim.conf, i added a new director:
  # This director handles sympa mailing list addresses. It works just
  # like the system_aliases director above, but looks in
  # /etc/sympa/aliases instead of /etc/aliases

  sympa_aliases:
    driver = aliasfile
    file_transport = address_file
    pipe_transport = address_pipe
    file = /etc/sympa/aliases
    search_type = lsearch
    user = sympa

I then copied all the sympa-related aliases to /etc/sympa/aliases, and
deleted them from /etc/aliases. It seems to work, sympa goes through
while any other pipes get the error (or could be configured to use a
different user).

--
  finger for GPG public key.