Re: Intro and it seems that W3.1 can see beyond thepartitionbarriers!

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 04:49:26PM +0200, Vitux wrote:

> One last thing: Try getting a bios-update for your old
> computer; I've had much succes on my own old 486/100 (now
> being reconf'ed for server use). When I updated my old Award
> bios, it enabled LBA and other nice stuff (apm was much
> improved). These old machines were made when a 540Mb hd was
> HUGE, so no wonder if it craps out on large 1.1G drive.

I run pure Linux on old 386DX/40MHz (AMI BIOS 1990) with 1.2G HDD.
There are no problems with such configuration at all. (The only
thing to be remebered is that there should be a small start
partition located under the 1024th cylinder <I use the 10MB part.
on the very begining of the HD> mounted as "/boot" directory).
--
	                      Wojciech M. Zabolotny
	http://www.ise.pw.edu.pl/~wzab  <--> wzab@ise.pw.edu.pl

http://www.debian.org  Linux - free OS for free people!