Re: wheel mouse

Goeman Stefan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Another problem.
>
> I also have a logictech wheel mouse. I would like to use that wheel for
> scrolling.
> I have installed the package imwheel but I don't know what I should do next
> to get the mouse working correctly.
>
> Any ideas?

You will have to modify /etc/X11/XF86Config, especially the section "Pointer":
Add the following line to the Section "Pointer":
ZAxisMapping    4 5

My Section looks like this:

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "IMPS/2"
   Device          "/dev/psaux"
   BaudRate        1200
   Emulate3Timeout 50
   Resolution      100
   ZAxisMapping    4 5
EndSection

Note, that this is for a PS/2 mouse.

Afterwards, start imwheel with
imwheel -k
and test your the wheel.

To start imwheel each time you start X put the same line into /etc/X11/Xsession
imwheel -k

To alter the behaviour of imwheel, modify one of these files
/etc/imwheelrc,  which is used for everbody
$HOME/.imwheelrc

Hope this helps,
Marc