Using APM

Hello,

  I'd like to be able to put my computer to sleep as it does under windows. So
far, I've gotten my screen to suspend, but that's all... and the APM doc is
useless.
  My SCSI host adapter is a 2940 Ultra, and the drive is a Quantum Fireball.
The CPU is a PII.

  I have a SCSI drive, my / partition is on it. Is it possible to suspend
the drive ? hdparm is only for IDE drives, and I found nothing in hwtools...
  By the way, is it possible to control the CPU fan too ? My computer is a
desktop one, not a laptop, but it can do it, I believe ?

--
Thibaut Cousin
email : cousin@in2p3.fr