Problem with rescue disks

Hi,

I am attempting to modify the Debian rescue flopy to be an emergency
recovery for my system.  Actually it's root.bin which I am modifying.  I am
having problems adding utilities.  I need to add the raid tools as well as
restore(8).  When I chroot to the floppy and try a restore, it give me this.
restore: error in loading shared libraries: restore: symbol fchown, version
GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Now, libc.so.6 on my potato system is 800k, the one on the boot floppy is
only 400k.  Is this some sort of stripped glibc?  If so, how can I compile
additional utilities against it.  I am looking to add restore, raidtools2, and
agetty.  Can this be done?

Shane

--
Shane Wegner: shane@cm.nu