Re: Tulip ethernet performance issues

On Sun, 28 May 2000, Damon Muller wrote:

> I have a couple of tulip-based ethernet cards (I think they are made by
> Acton, and may certainly be re-badged), one in my Debian box and one in
> my win98 box. They are connected together by an 8-port 10/100 switch
> (specifically a LanTech MINI Switch 800 (8 port 10/100 Base-TX Switch)
> according to the front panel).

I've seen this before. The tulip cards are just horrible at NWAY for some
reason. Either they get stuck in half duplex or the switch gets stuck in
half duplex and you get the problem you saw. I've never actually had a
tulip automatically negotiate full duplex with a switch :<

You can try using the media type forcing options when you install the
module, check Becker's web page for information.

The carrier+etc errors are your problem, you want to eliminate those.

Jason