Re: Another package installation problem

On 27-May-2000 Craig McPherson wrote:
> On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 09:42:02PM -0700, Eric G . Miller wrote:
>>
>> Update the dpkg package and that error should go away (though methinks
>> there would be quotes around the string "System V ...").
>>

> Thanks... but I'm using the latest version of the dpkg package, as well
> as the latest version of the util-linux package.  I even forced a reinstall
> of dpkg to be sure.  Potato and Woody use the same versions of each package,
> so I assume it isn't a simple problem with the package file itself...  it
> would have been fixed in Potato by now, I guess.  Any other suggestions
> would be appreciated.

I've looked in /var/lib/dpkg/info/util-linux.postinst (slink version):
---------
install-info --quiet --section "Development" "Development" \
  --description="System V interprocess communication facilities" \
  /usr/info/ipc.info.gz
---------
So there _are_ quotes around "System V ...". You should edit the file, and
re-run the installation (or just "dpkg --configure --pending").