Re: koffice-cvs unresolved libs

Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> writes:

> (Please CC me on replies as I am not debian-user.)
>
> Just had a first look at the koffice work-in-progress using Ivan's fine
> kde archive, but there is something wrong with the dependencies:
>
> edd@sonny:~> kword kword: error in loading shared libraries:
> /usr/lib/libkofficecore.so.1: undefined symbol:
> setDocument__13KXMLGUIClientRC12QDomDocumentb
>
> even though 'ldd $(which kword)' shows all libraries. This is on an
> up-to-date frozen machine.  What am I missing?

try to add -fsquangle to $CXXFLAGS before configuring. This enables a
different name mangling. If you find this in the FAQ or the compilation
(instructions|FAQ), then enable this flag and recompile all dependencies
(you can't mix C++ libraries with -fsquangle and -fno-squangle).

On the other hand, this name does not seem very long, so there is a good
chance that all of this is wrong.

--
Felix Natter