Re: Wine

On Fri, 26 May 2000, John Leget wrote:

> Does anyone actually have wine working on debian woody.
>
> For a long time now all ive been able to get it to do is just hog the
> CPU with a black window. Eterm showing building font metrics, it never
> seems to finish this.

Try removing the sharefont or freefont (I forget which - try both) from
the fontpath. I got past the font metric problem by removing these. It
still has to build the metrics, but only once. With those others in the
path, it would built the font metrics over every time but eventually
finish.

...RickM...