Debian Qestuin of the Day....

Ok here it is. I have two ethernet card one a linksys and the other netgear,
Both using the tulip driver. I configure eth0 and eth1 with ifconfig
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and so on. the check the configuration with ifconfig and
everything is fine. Then I reboot the system and try ifconfig and eth0 is
fine has the same settings before I rebooted but eth1 has NON SET where the
ip and netmask should be. This system is slink running 2.2.12. Any idea's
guys?
What can I do to keep the setting for eth1?