RE: mod_frontpage and original Debian Apache src

Sven,

> I need a Apache webserver with Frontpage Server Extensions.
> To get this binary I downloaded the FP Server Extensions from the web and
> untarred the file.

I built the mod_frontpage as well.  Unfortunately, I don't recognize the
problems you describe.  I downloaded the apache source and built it rather
than go through debian package manager(s).  I recommend trying this.  There
are a few differences.  Make sure debian source is apache version 1.3.12.
Mod_frontpage requires this.

The other difference is directory location.  Debian has chosen to not use
/usr/local.  Apache defaults to /usr/local/apache.  I would make sure you
have apache version 1.3.12.  That is most likely it.  Your output was:

> [Thu May 25 13:03:59 2000] [notice] Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) Debian/GNU

Once you get the new version and follow the instructions religously,
frontpage should come right up.  Debian repository is usually full of very
stable stuff, if not a little dated.  The correct apache source can be found
at:

http://www.apache.org/dist/apache_1.3.12.tar.gz

paul

--
Paul McHale
   Work:   937-253-7610          Double E Solutions