Re: Building i585/i686 optimized packages?

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 06:09:55AM +0200, Mattias Sundberg wrote:

> I want to build my own packages for Debian and I want to be i586/i686
> optimized, what do I have to do? Is it enough to compile the kernel as
> i686?

yes compiling an optimized kernel is the only thing worth doing.
recompiling all your other packages is a complete waste of time unless
you have a plain pentium (original, not pro, II III etc) and even then
it buys you almost nothing, except increased unreliability.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/