Re: Reinitializing LPD

"A. Scott White" <scottw@coderite.com> writes:

> I have been rebooting every time I edit /etc/printcap. I know there is a
> better way to reinitialize the LPD system. Can someone tell me what it is?

There are several ways to do this.  You could

1) Kill the lpd that is running and start a new one.  Try something
   similar to:

# killall lpd
# lpd

2) Same as above, except use "lpc" to do it for you:

# lpc restart all

3) Use the nice Debian startup script:

# /etc/init.d/lpd restart

4) (I'm not sure if this applies to lpd, but it's handy for a lot of
   other deamons) Send the deamon the HUP (Hangup) signal.

# killall -HUP lpd

Matt