Re: can't print

:: On Tue, 23 May 2000 21:22:25 +0000, Pollywog <pollywog@shadypond.com> said:

As far as I remember, this is what you need:

1) A kernel with support to parallel port and printer;
2) A spooling software (lpr or lprng);
3) A filter, like magicfilter or apsfilter. I tried both, and
   magicfilter seemed simpler.

Anyway, this is what I did to set up my Stylus 850.

Your parallel port will be /dev/lp0, probably...

There seems to be some alternate driver, ou upp file that you can use
with ghostscript. There's a link to it in the Printer Compatibility
Database.

J.

--
Jeronimo Pellegrini
Institute of Computing - Unicamp - Brazil