gs, wmaker debs? (was: Re: XFree86 4.0 debs ?)

On Tue, 23 May 2000, James Sleeman <bitsy_boffin@cyberdude.com> wrote:

>I would like to install XFree 4.0 on my potato machine, are there debs
>available yet, or not too far off ?  I couldn't even see 4.0 ones in Woody.

Take a look at http://www.debian.org/~branden/plans.txt. It seems like
the move to the new architecture is non-trivial (haven't tried it
myself).

A similar question: I've been looking for debs of gs 6.0 and wmaker
0.62. Both are out for quite some time now, but they're not even in
woody. Is this because all maintainers are busy getting potato out?
I've built wmaker and libproplist myself and it works right out of the
box on potato. Merely a matter of half an hour (not flaming or
anything, I'm just curious).

--
Philip Lehman <lehman@gmx.net>