dselect error (sorry for the repeat)

I'm sorry for posting this question as I know it has been asked
recently, but I can't find it in the archives or my inbox.  I just tried
to install a few packages using dselect.  dselect is set up to grab the
packages off a cd.  As far as I know I've done nothing differently,
however, I when I hit Install, my CDROM spins up and then dselect gives
me the message:

internal error - no filename at -e line 12, <P> chunk 15.

installation script returned error exit status 1.
Press RETURN to continue.

Does any one know what my problem would be?