scsi disk question: u2w vs. uw

Hello

This is not a Debian linux question per se, but I
know someone on this list will know for sure.

Can you mix scsi disks on a Adaptec 2930u2 adapter
and not have the slower disk slow down the faster one?

I.e, I have a computer which currently has a u2w disk
with a u2w card and I want to know if I will get
a performance hit if I add a regular uw disk to the
same scsi channel.  The card does not have two channels,
so if I add the second disk it has to be on the same
channel as the original disk.

JOhn