Re: Mouse doesn't work in Xwindow, NFS, bug(3.)???

On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 06:22:23AM -0400, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> A fresh installation using the boot floppies in frozen directory
> (ftp.debian...), dselect + apt-get used to continue installation.
> Problems:
> 1. Mouse (/dev/psaux, ps2 with wheel) doesn't work after setting it up
> through xf86config; it had always worked before. Mouse works in console,
> detected by gpm with correct settings. Guessing: Since I had installed
> imwheel, I thought it could have messed up the settings, removed
> "imwheel", but still doesn't work. Don't know what to do.

Yes, I had this too ... it seems you have to `gpm -k` or `killall -9 gpm` for everything to work happily, which is a PITA, to say
the least ... the ps2 repeating is reported not to be supported, which I think is a total lie =P

If it works after killing gpm, you have a repeating problem. I'm not sure how to fix that side of things. Anyone out there? =)
--

Justin Megawarne [ Solitude ]			Tel: +44 (0)20 8863 0718
<solitude@jmegawarne.screaming.net>		Cel: +44 (0)7941 270 136

http://kholmes.dhis.net/
irc.destructor.net && irc.xchat.org - #Linux