Re: OpenBSD (was Re: Help: Netgear or Linksys NIC's? Please?)

    EB>  On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 11:18:53PM -0600, montefin wrote:
    >> Ethan,
    >>
    >> You bring up an interesting point. One alternative to my Plan is
    >> a.)  yes, upgrade from Red Hat 6.1 to Debian Potato on the
    >> Pentium II box, but b.) install OpenBSD in place of Debian on the
    >> 486DX firewall box.
    >>
    >> Any opinions on that from anyone?
    EB>  OpenBSD is a very nice, clean system, its indeed very secure
    EB> out of the box, its also somewhat sparten out of the box...
    EB> (that is what /usr/ports is for)
    EB>
    EB> so far i have not gotten around to finishing up my NAT setup on
    EB> my OpenBSD box (just been doing other things/lazyness etc) but
    EB> here is some impressions/notes on OpenBSD:

[snip]

Thanks for the mini-review of OpenBSD! Your review was much better and
detailed than what is typically found online. One of these days when
I finally get around to buying a new HD, I will have to learn OpenBSD
and FreeBSD.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com