Re: .xsession

On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 10:59:52PM -0700, Dennis Pho wrote:
> i have a problem when i load .xsession in unix. i can't seem to get
> the background, and the rest of the side bars to appear!! pls help!!

What on earth are you talking about? background? sidebars?

For background, I assume you mean the desktop background:

if [ -f /usr/bin/X11/xsetroot ]; then
	/usr/bin/X11/xsetroot -solid wheat4
fi

But, many window managers can do a much better job with that.

Have no idea what you mean by "sidebar"? Maybe you should explain what
you're trying to do a little more.  And maybe include the relevant
sections of ~/.xession.

BTW, .xsession needs to be executable (chmod +x .xsession).

--
¶ One·should·only·use·the·ASCII·character­set·when·compos­

» ing·email·messages.